Bots are in-game CPU used to fill in empty player slots. They will fill in all remaining slots in the lobby once the time left before the match has reached 15 seconds.
Behavior[edit | edit source]
- Bots will not attack until they have picked up a gun.
- Bots will never hold down attack and instead fire individually. They do not detect cooldown or autofire.
- Bots will always go for the first weapon they see, except when another bot is currently targeting that weapon.
- An injured bot will always walk just off screen and begin healing after killing another player/CPU. They do not seek cover while doing so and will not react to other players unless attacked.
- Bots do not detect armor, grenades, bananas, coconuts, or mole crates.
- Bots will stick with the first weapon they acquire. They cannot detect weapons after acquiring one and thus will not attempt to seek better weapons.
- Bots focus on the first player they see and will not attack other targets until their current target is dead or no longer visible.
- Bots don't account for player movement well and shoot at where the player was a moment ago. This allows players to easily dodge by moving to the side.
- Player level affects the attack speed, pursuit distance, and line of sight of a bot.
- At level 39, the bot has the highest attacking speed. When a bot is targeting a level 1, it attacks purposefully much slower than normal/allowed. As the player slowly levels up, it increments that speed up, getting close to the actual weapon speed by the end.
- At level 19, the bot has the longest pursuit distance. A bot will pursue the player 25% further horizontally and 75% further vertically, than if the player was level 1.
- Line of sight / first acquisition of player goes up to level 31 but its very slight, the difference between level 1 and level 31 for that is only about 7-10% more.
Appearance[edit | edit source]
- Bots can appear as any researchable Animal breed.
- Bots can have wear any cosmetic that is available on the drop table. This excludes milestone rewards and other Special cosmetics.
Names[edit | edit source]
There are currently 87 different names each bot can have. No two bots will have the same name in the same round.
Patch Notes[edit | edit source]
- Bots can now pick up tape if they run over it.
- Bots can now be any researchable breed of animal
- Bots will now use any default umbrella
- New bot names were added
- Fixes for bots getting stuck in certain situations
- Bots now work in teams of 2 or 4
- Bots now roll during regular movement
- Fix for bots switching weapons too fast
- Fix for bots not being affected by bananas
- Slightly lowered maximum pursuit distance for bots
- Fix for bots landing and getting stuck in closed houses.
- Fix for bots walking through walls
- Bots now melee when up close
- Bots now collect health juice
- Fixed bots stuttering from line-of-sight issues
- More names
- Fixed bots not pursuing others correctly
- Bots will now flee at low health (including with rolls)
- Fixes bots stuttering while pursuing
- Fix for bots pre-firing corners
- Reduced bots off-screen pursuit range slightly
- Fixed bots acquiring targets from outside their viewing range
- Bots no longer have laser accuracy at long range
- Bots no longer shoot targets outside a weapon's effective range
- Bots will target each other as often as human players now, but they won't fight as much if no humans are nearby, allowing more bots surviving until mid to late game
- More bot names added
- Bots now fill up the remaining slots in games keep lobby times short and games full
- Bots are more aggressive towards level 5+ players
- Bots now wear outfits
- Sight range of bots reduced
- Bots more likely to fight each other
- Bots will reload if needed after a kill
- Bots no longer avoid ammo
- Bots no longer shoot at walls with players behind them
- Pursue distance/knowledge of bots reduced slightly
- Bots now less accurate and shoot slower with slow weapons
- Fixed bots having no inaccuracy with shooting
- Bots now target higher level players from farther away
- Fixed bots shooting through walls
- Bug fixes
- Bots have faster attack speed against higher level players
- Bots added to game