|Damage per Pellet||29 / 31 / 33|
|Bullet Range||51 / 53 / 55 SAU|
|Bullet Speed||105 / 113 / 121 SAU/s|
|Armor Pierce||1 per pellet|
|Hamster Ball Pierce||1/3 per pellet|
|Rate of Fire||150 RPM|
|Move Speed (shooting)||0.77|
|Basic recoil while stationary / creeping / running||15° / 16° / 19°|
|Recoil added per shot while stationary or creeping / running||1.5° / 1.5°|
|Min recoil while jump roll / crouch roll||19° / 17°|
|Recoil reset per second while stationary / creeping / running||17° / 17° / 15°|
The Shotgun fires a cone of 5 pellets, individually dealing a small amount of damage, together adding up to more than a player's entire health bar. It is extremely effective at close range, but suffers at a distance.
As long as enough pellets connect with a target, a shotgun blast can strip all Armor. However, a single shotgun blast cannot damage both armor and HP at once, meaning even if all 5 pellets connect with an animal wearing level 1 armor, they will lose their armor but take no HP damage.
Weapon statistics[edit | edit source]
The Shotgun spawns with two boxes of 4 Shells each, 8 in total. The maximum rarity of the shotgun is Rare. The gun has one sound variant.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
The shotgun deals high damage when all the pellets hit, taking 2 full impact shots to take down an opponent with any level of armor. This makes it powerful in close combat and narrow spaces.
It is advantageous to use cover to close the distance to the opponent or to plan an ambush in a dead angle, waiting for the opportunity to eliminate the opponent.
Damage based on distance[edit | edit source]
Damage output of each pellet depends on the distance it travels it before it hits the target. A pellet fired from the Shotgun can travel up to 51 / 53 / 55 SAU, or 408px / 424px / 440px.
Skins[edit | edit source]
Weapon appearance can be customized with one of the following weapon skins:
S.A.W Shop item
Blue Knitted Shotgun
S.A.W Shop item
Super Animal Pass Season 0 reward
Derivatives[edit | edit source]
The Shotgun is based off the SPAS-12 without the stock.
Patch History[edit | edit source]
- The Shotgun, JAG-7, Pistol, and SMG had their bullet range reduced since they were stripping armor too easily at long ranges.
- Standardized the Shotgun's spread to be 15° whether idle or running. Previously it was 15° while idle and 19° while running.
- Shotgun reload sound shortened.
- New weapon-wide bullet spread system added
- Pellets now spread out much more evenly
- Blasts no longer damage armour on a player if they were in a hamster ball
- Bullets will now visually end at their maximum range
- All weapon bullet speeds increased by about 6-8%